As much as a business plan is important to organizations, a marketing plan is as equally important. Most precisely, it has the purpose to win and keep Mauritian customers while making use of numbers, facts, human psychology and objectives.
What is a Marketing Plan?
Marketing plans are usually considered as easy-to-understand documents that depicts and summarize the market knowledge with clear strategies to reach pre-defined business goals.
For the purpose of this blog post, we outlined the 4 essential components that you should include in your marketing plan before even going onto creating in-depth strategies for your different channels.
Assess the current situation:
- Carry out an auditing of your resources.
- Mauritius being multi-cultural, you will have to analyse the different market segments.
- Do your SWOT and PESTLE analysis.
- Analyse and understand the Mauritian competitive landscape of your industry.
- Identify the needs, wants and issues that your target audience is facing.
Suggested content: 5 Top Marketing Trends shaping Mauritius in 2017
Develop your marketing strategy, including:
- Your business mission and vision
- Your organization long term and short term objectives.
- Your marketing objectives.
- A clear description of your target audience and market. Ideally, you should come up with a descriptive buyer persona.
- Your unique value proposition.
Create your marketing guidelines
- Your creative brief which include messaging, channels, constraints and support.
- Your pricing strategy which greatly depends on your target audience and your positioning in the market.
- The channels you identified.
- Your promotion strategies.
- Your promotion plans
Determine your measurements and controls as well as your milestones
- Budgets and resources
- Critical success factors
- Key performance indicators
- Your preferred technology solutions and platforms
Now these can look like really technical terms and procedures, but they are essential into positioning your organization strongly upon your customers. After all, we all want to have customers who love us and of course – Love our brand.
The last point
Creating marketing plan is not a static process. Indeed, as marketers go with the launch of a new product or service, it is important to measure and optimize the process. It is all about iteration to improve.